Monday, February 9, 2009

Welcome To Write Away

Welcome Writers!

My name is Jen and I'm here to help you tap into your creative side. My blog will provide you with new and old poetry forms, writing exercises, and my own pers
onal writings. We will also examine certain techniques famous writers have used and why they work well. We'll look at certain works from Edgar Allen Poe, Emily Dickinson, Silva Plath and more!

As a Communications major and an English minor I have taken many classes that have improved my writing skills and strengthen my passion for writing in general in which I hope to pass onto you.
What I really want to help you accomplish is how to use your imagination and to re-find the child in all of us.

Feel free to comment on my work and also don't be afraid to post your own! It doesn't have to be limited to writing either, feel free to post art work and photos if that's your muse. If you want helpful tips about your work let me know, we'll work together to make your work the best it can be.

My best advice...don't get frustrated. Writing is a difficult skill and it takes time; you will work on a piece love it and then go back to it a few days later and rewrite the whole thing. That's why it's so important that you write regularly, keep reworking your drafts, and experiment with new techniques. A poem or short story will eventually shape itself, you just need to help push it in the right direction.

I'm excited to get started and hear feedback from you all! Good luck and good writing! Pick those pencils up and GO!

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog. Love the painted hand pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm psyched to read your blog. I think it's a great idea that you're going to include tips to "find the inner child" in all of us. Since I was quite the poet as a kid, I'm looking forward to learning (from you) how to write with a great imagination again.

    ReplyDelete